WATERLAND

Hanna Tsepesh: Olá Marco! Thanks so much for accepting this interview and Welcome to THE GATES OF METAL! First of all: how are you?

Marco: Hello Hanna and all readers of The Gates of Metal. I appreciate the interview. Responding to your question, I'm fine and you?

Hanna Tsepesh: What are your favorite bands? You have any musician that you admire the most?

Marco: Firstly I wanted to mention that I like a bit of all musical styles. Some Portuguese and international bands. Only the band that launched me and I always liked and still like a lot are the oratory. Speaking at the international level had a penchant for stratovarius. Struck me especially at the beginning of my career as a singer, perhaps because I identified with the way that timo Kotipelto sang. I also like the attitude of them. Was marked my big moment when they play here in Portugal with stratovarius. It was also good to know them. Over the years we get to know other bands other vocalists that I also admire them. Some of them influence me. Interestingly all of the countries are cold. (laughs) Steve Lee of Gotthard and it was with great sadness that I known of his death. Swedish Samuel Jacob of the poodles and Norwegian Roi Knan of Kamelot. This is without doubt one of the best singers I know. These are currently those most identify myself.



Hanna Tsepesh: I would like to know if you had or have any singing lessons or any other preparation?

Marco: Yes I had some lessons, when I was recording the first album of oratory with Jorge Marques (Tarantula singer) and could not continue for personal reasons. I also had vocal lessons resistance short time ago.

Hanna Tsepesh: What was the highest and lowest point of your career as a musician?

Marco: Good question. I think this is what I'm living. This return to the metal and the fact that we have recorded 2 fantastic video clips. I now return to the stage to play with waterland. The lowest was when I left the Oratory.

Hanna Tsepesh: Let’s talk about the “ Virtual Time ” album. What was the theme behind this new album? For people who don’t listen yet can you tell to us about this album and what the big different between this album and the other one?

Marco: The theme is the continuation of the first cd, the history of the city of waterland that is immortal and the other people want to conquer the city. The differences between Virtual Time and the 1st CD are many. The most comprehensive choice of melodies and timbre appropriate, among other various things. It should be noted that these new themes to be easy listening but at the same time faster and heavier. I think what stands out most is how Miguel managed to handle the whole process around waterland. Voices and instruments.

Hanna Tsepesh: at recording studio, you guys faced with difficulties? If yes, tell which was and how as the whole process?

Marco: Yes we had many difficulties, for several reasons. Because we don’t have to much time to record because each of us have very busy lives. We were writing slowly, and composure, tried to put things in the best shape we want. It was a slow and lengthy process which caused a huge physical and mental wear. We try to give maximum quality to this new cd. I think the fact that we all understand each other musically and friends helped a lot to overcome difficulties.

Hanna Tsepesh: How has the response been to the album by the fans and media?

Marco: The response has been very good. I must confess that are beyond my expectations. We're still in the beginning, I hope it continues ....

Hanna Tsepesh: what is your favorite music in this album and why?

Marco: There are several. I will mention one might suspect it is a theme sung by me. It is simply because the Virtual Time since the first notes, the composition until the final product. is a song that leaves me with goose bumps every time I hear it. But there are others.

Hanna Tsepesh: Now you guys want to play alive, why that decision? You guys have any date and place for your first concert?

Marco: Look at the beginning was not to our intention. But as we have been having a good feedback from media and fans since the departure of the first cd. And now even more with the output of this new album. This makes all the difference we have a full training we are able to rehearse we play live and we pass the live cd. is something we want and we're working on it.

Hanna Tsepesh: Do you want to send any message for the people who going to read this interview?

Marco: Yes, buy our new album "Virtual Time " and support us. I hope we found you guys in our concerts very soon.

Hanna Tsepesh: Thanks o much for your answers and time. I wish the entire band a big success and a great 2011! Hope to see you guys very soon on stage…

Marco: You're welcome. It was a pleasure for me to answer your questions, and wish you and The Gates Of Metal to continue to do an excellent work in here. Thanks and I hope we meet in a waterland concert very soon. Cheers!

Hanna Tsepesh: thanks a lot Marco and you are very welcome! All the best for you...

By: Hanna Tsepesh
To listen to some WATERLAND music’s and for future information’s go at:
www.myspace.com/waterlandband