VEKTOR


Hanna Tsepesh: Hello David! Thanks so much for accepting this interview and Welcome to THE GATES OF METAL! First of all: how are you and how are the things doing with your concerts?

David DiSanto: I’m stoked about everything right now. So far we’ve been getting a lot of positive feedback at shows and the excitement about the new album is awesome. We’re seeing a lot of new and old faces in the crowd, so I guess we’re doing something right.

Hanna Tsepesh: For those who do not know Vektor could tell us a little how it all started?

David DiSanto: Vektor emerged from a subspatial realm after the fabric of space was ripped apart by the destructive actions of humans in the year 2483. We traveled back in time to melt people’s brains into a soupy paste with our music, thus redirecting the flow of time and the fate of the universe. Our primordial bodies were sent to an arid region of the U.S. at Earth’s latitude 34.23 and longitude 111.33 (Phoenix, Arizona) in the year 2003. We didn’t recognize each other in our human forms so it took a while to find each other and complete the lineup.

Hanna Tsepesh: What inspired you the most to create the lyrics? The band writes the lyrics first or first the band creates the riffs to comply with the lyrics?

David DiSanto: The music always comes before the lyrics for me, although I usually know what the song will be about before I write it. Sometimes I’ll have a song sitting around for months or a year before I write any lyrics for it. You can’t force inspiration to happen, so I don’t worry about it and just wait it out.

Hanna Tsepesh: What are your favorite bands? You have any musician that you admire the most?

David DiSanto: Voivod and Destruction are probably my top two metal favorites. I like all types of genres and bands though. I hate listing all my favorite bands though because it just seems like I’m trying to look cool or something.

Hanna Tsepesh: I would like to know if you had or have any singing lessons or any guttural technique lessons?

David DiSanto: (laughs) Hell no! My voice sucks! The only technique I’m trying right now is smoking less. I guess it’s just a voice that you’ll love or hate, but those are the voices I like. I don’t like pristine clear vocals because I think they lack personality. The same goes for if it’s too guttural as well. I like a lot of 80’s metal and classic rock because the voices were more unique. Whether a person can hit notes or not doesn’t matter as long as it’s radical.

Hanna Tsepesh: When you start to play guitar? It was difficult to learn? What brand guitar you prefer and why?

David DiSanto: I started playing guitar when I was twelve or thirteen and haven’t progressed since. Punk rock probably slowed my learning curve quite a bit. I like my Jackson guitar now. There’s definitely better guitars out there, but fuck if I can afford one.

Hanna Tsepesh: Let’s talk about the “Black Future” album. I am so surprised with your album! I liked a lot…I really don’t have anything bad to say! Congratulations for the fantastic album! For people who don’t listen yet can you tell to us what we can expect from this album?

David DiSanto: I can see the brain melting has already commenced for you. It is only a matter of time before you lose all of your cognitive functions. I think the album is a good balance of thrashing and epic journeys into the unknown. Three of the songs are over ten minutes long, so all the art rock/prog rock fans should like it as well as the metal heads.
Hanna Tsepesh: Everything went well at recording studio?

David DiSanto: Everything went good. Byron Filson recorded us and he did an awesome job. It was more of a party than anything.

Hanna Tsepesh: How has the response been to the album by the fans and media?

David DiSanto: We’ve been reading the forums online and have gotten some really positive feedback. Obviously we like our own music, but it was a little of a surprise to us all that the album has been received so well.
Hanna Tsepesh: If one of our readers wants to buy your album, what they can do?

David DiSanto: They can stop by the closest intergalactic trading post. It should be available at most record stores or online at Heavy Artillery, iTunes, Amazon… etc. Nobody has an excuse not to buy it because it will be everywhere.

Hanna Tsepesh: what is your favorite music in this album and why?

David DiSanto: It’s a toss up between “Forests of Legend” and “Dark Nebula.” Both of them have a deep personal meaning to me. I’m proud of everyone’s contribution in the songs. I’ve written most of the songs in the past, but everyone in the band had more to do with the writing process in these two songs.
Hanna Tsepesh: What is your opinion about the Metal in our country? It is easy to get some support?

David DiSanto: There’s a lot of potential in the metal scene right now and it’s going to be a good time. Most of our support has come from local bands and I think that’s really important. It’s better when bands work together rather than against each other.
Hanna Tsepesh: Do you want to send any message for the people who going to read this interview?

David DiSanto: Think for yourself and keep an open mind.
Hanna Tsepesh: Thanks o much for your answers and time. THE GATES OF METAL wishes the entire band a big success! Hope to see you guys very soon in here…

David DiSanto: Thanks for asking. It’s a big compliment to be asked to do any interview.

By: Hanna Tsepesh
To listen to some VEKTOR music’s and for future information’s go at:
www.myspace.com/vektor