REBELLION

Hanna Tsepesh: Hello Uwe Lulis! Thanks so much for accepting this interview and Welcome to THE GATES OF METAL! For those who do not know Rebellion could tell us a little how it all started?

Uwe Lulis: Thanks, well Rebellion started in 2001 when I left Grave Digger.Tomi and I had some cool songs ready to go, and the idea, to make a concept album about Shakespeare’s Macbeth. Then we did it...a Record deal with Drakkar Records made all this happened.

Hanna Tsepesh: What inspired you the most to create the lyrics? The band writes the lyrics first or first the band creates the riffs and the melody to comply with the lyrics?

Uwe Lulis: At first of all I’m writing all the Music, then Tomi is starting with the lyrics. A lot of Arrangement and Sound designing during the Songwriting, of course. We’re creating a lot in the Studio.

Hanna Tsepesh: What are your favorite bands? You have any guitar player that you admire the most?

Uwe Lulis: Well, in the early days I was listen to Gary Moore and Michael Schenker a lot, but on these days, I don´t listen to other guitar players….basically I don’t care about other guitar guys. I’m sure, that there a lot of guys, that can play the Guitar fantastic, but my focus is on other things.

Hanna Tsepesh: When did you start to play guitar? Any reasons for you pick this instrument? I take this opportunity to send you my congratulation for your amazing work in this album!

Uwe Lulis: Thanx a lot, I’m really proud of the Album. But don’t forget, that Simone did a lot on this album, too.
I started with 5 Years on a Music High school here in Germany with classical guitar., and after 7 Years I was ready to go for the Electric guitar With 12 I Joint my first band, I had a few bands till I joint Grave Digger with 19. The reason, why I picked that instrument? Well, my parents realized that I had talent on this Instrument and in Music anyway, and decided to send me on that Music school.

Hanna Tsepesh: The band has a new album called “RISE - FROM GINNUNGAGAP TO RAGNARÖK - The History of the Vikings - Volume III”. This new album is amazing Uwe! I liked a lot the lyrics, riffs are super strong and Michael keeps the strong voice! For people who don’t listen yet can you talk about this new album and what is the big different for you between this album and the previous one?

Uwe Lulis: I wanted to push Rebellion into the 21st century in Sound and Songwriting. I´m personally listen to more modern stuff, and love to downtune my guitar and beat the shit out of it. And that´s, what I tried to transport into my music. I think “Arise” is one of the powerful albums, I ever written. I´m really proud of it. Letz see, how the Album works in the next time. Here in Germany, we’re getting a lot good feedback of it. All Magazines are putting us in the Top list, which is a cool thing….Metal is the law!

Hanna Tsepesh: Everything went well at recording studio? The band feels proud with the final result or you think that miss something?

Uwe Lulis: No, not really. Everything was smooth. I’m doing all the Recordings, Mixes and Mastering at my Studio here in Frankfurt. It was a lot work, of course, but this kind of work always brings me fun.
And if you have the chance, to work with so fantastic musicians, it’s double-Cool.

Hanna Tsepesh: If one of our readers wants to buy your album safely, what they can do?

Uwe Lulis: Go on our Website: www.rebellion.st and order it in our Store. Or download it on Itunes.

Hanna Tsepesh: What is your favorite music in this album and why?

Uwe Lulis: I love “Asgard” a lot. This Song is deep, dark and Metal. Michaels Voice is so much killer on that. And the Solo from Simone is kickin´, too
But don’t get me wrong, the whole album is killer, too. I love all the Songs.


Hanna Tsepesh: Yeah this album is really great! The band is thinking about a European tour? You guys have plains to include Portugal in your tour or something?

Uwe Lulis: Yeah, every Band is thinking about tours and stuff, the Problem is to finance that. Maybe we’ll work out something like that in the next time. We’ll see. If we have something ready to go, we’ll announce that on our website and the press.


Hanna Tsepesh: Do you want to send any message for the people who going to read this interview?

Uwe Lulis: Yeah, first of all all big hello to all Metalheadz in Portugal. I hope, we can meet soon and have a strong Metal party with Rebellion and you, guys. Metal forever!

Hanna Tsepesh: Thank you so much Uwe! We hope that too!

By: Hanna Tsepesh

To listen to some REBELLION music’s and for future information’s go at:
www.myspace.com/rebellionfromhell
www.rebellion.st/Rebellion.html