LACRIMAS PROFUNDERE

Hanna Tsepesh: Hello Rob! Thanks so much for accepting this interview and Welcome to THE GATES OF METAL! First of all: how are you and how are the things doing with your concerts?

Rob:
Hey there!
Well, things could be better! We had to cancel our first America tour 'cause the US promoter told us that he has to claim bankruptcy due to divorcement! So everything is a little bit chaotic right now but hey, that's the business! you never know what you're going to get.

Hanna Tsepesh: What are your favorite bands? You have any musician that you admire the most?

Rob:
Well, I love loads of bands! I don't have a favorite kind of music.. Let's say it's a big mixure. I really love the old HIM records but on the other hand I really love Jeff Buckley and stuff like that. So yeah.. it depends on the mood I guess. From Cradle of Filth to Johnny Cash!

Hanna Tsepesh: I would like to know if you had or have any singing lessons or any other preparation?
Rob:
No. I always hated that lesson thing.. You know the thing is I'm not able to read music and I don't like people saying you have to do it like this or you have to play it like that.. I prefer just to do it! If you know what I mean?!

Hanna Tsepesh: yes I know. What was the highest and lowest point of your career as a musician?

Rob:
Well there are always up's and down's in a band! With the last record, The grandiose nowhere per example we had loads of troubles. We toured our asses off and no one was able anymore to see each others face. Anyway we managed it to release a "grandiose" record! You know a band is like a relationship. You can, no actually you should learn from your mistakes and hope for the next time to do things better. Now we know: Don't tour for about 4 weeks before the studio . Fantastic Moments in 2010 was the Mera Luna Festival, the tour with The 69 eyes and our Headlinergig in London 3 weeks ago! You see, in the end the good experiences outweigh the bad so altogether, I'm happy!

Hanna Tsepesh: Let’s talk about the “The Grandiose Nowhere” album. Congratulations for this excellent album, is one of my favorite albums in this year for sure! Can you tell to our readers what they can expect from this album? For you, what is the big different between this new album and the previous album?

Rob:
Well the big difference between the grandiose nowhere and the previous album was the recording process. Oliver sent me his demos and we work together for about 5 month, till we were satisfied with the whole vocal lines! Christopher and other friends are helping us out if we had no idea! So, yeah, I had much more time to work on the songs. Last record was just finished when I joined the band. So it was like: Sing this, do that.. It was not that studio work I've expected. This time, in spite of tour stresses and strains I took the time I need to arrange the lyrics, vocal lines and synth melodies just perfect. I never wanted to do the same record twice, because this is as boring as sex with the lights off! With every record we open our eyes for new influences like buildings, cities, movies, art or whatever! Its great to see, that were able to compose a matchless epic melancholic rock album without bathos and hokum! All happens very naturally like the first kiss, the first sex or the first mouse! Laughs! I think for the people out there, to explain the record, It's the hardest, dirtiest and absolutely honest record we ever did! so far ... Something like the drunk brother of “HIM” with bikerboots, nobody wanted at the family celebration, or the sweet sister of “The Cult” who has a sideline at the tabledancebar next door!

Hanna Tsepesh: at recording studio, you guys faced with difficulties? If yes, tell which was and how as the whole process?

Rob:
Its always hard to work together with John as producer and Oliver Nikolas as Bandleader! Everybody has his own vision of the Song! Oliver is our maincomposer and John is one of the best Producers in the world, if you ask me! At the end ever fight was its worth, cause we filtrate the best parts of both worlds.


Hanna Tsepesh: How has the response been to the album by the fans and media?

Rob:
The Fans love it, the media is always a Good and bad cop thing! Its always the same! We got 10 out of 10 points in the important magazines and great reviews in some mags we never expected and sometimes we got bad reviews from people we never expected. But that’s the bizz! I don´t read the most of the reviews, because I give a shit to the opinion of others to something I created! No carpet layer would discuss his work with the whole world, so why should I?

Hanna Tsepesh: what is your favorite music in this album and why?

Rob:
It's always hard to say witch baby you love most, you know?
If I should choose though, I'd take Dead Heart Serenade!

Hanna Tsepesh: Do you want to send any message for the people who going to read this interview?

Rob:
Hey everybody! I'd like to thank everybody who supports us during our ROCK'N'SAD time! You guys are great! I really hope to see you out there on a next show! Thanks to EVERYONE who bought THE GRANDIOSE NOWHERE Album! You are a part of the lacrimas family. You are more important than ever and accountable that we can continue! Stay dark, cheers and of course ROCKnSAD!
Hanna Tsepesh: Thanks so much for your answers and time. I wish the entire band a big success! Hope to see you guys very soon in Portugal…

Rob:
You're welcome!

By: Hanna Tsepesh
To listen to some LACRIMAS PROFUNDERE music’s and for future information’s go at:
www.myspace.com/lacrimasprofundere