POENARIAN MIST

Hanna Tsepesh: Hola (Hello in Spanish) Belial! Thanks so much for accepting this interview and Welcome to THE GATES OF METAL! First of all: For those who do not know Poenarian Mist could tell us a little how it all started?

Belial: Hi Hanna, thanks to you.
I started this project in December of 2007. I wanted to make some stuff, with dark elements that could not be used in my main band, and if you have a PC and one or two little recording programs, it's very easy to make some interesting things.

Hanna Tsepesh: One little curiosity: Where came from the idea for Poenarian Mist?

Belial: I am a semi-professional drummer, always involved in Metal and Rock. But I love a lot of music that I can't play; too fast or too slow to be funny while I'm playing it. I know that I can't play blastbeats for a long time, and playing drums for a Doom band could be boring. I always have been writing songs with the basic drum track in my mind, but with Poenarian Mist I can express myself without any limitation.

Hanna Tsepesh: What inspired you the most to create the songs for Poenarian Mist?

Belial: Grey rainy days are the most inspiring thing for me. I couldn't write dark stuff on summer days.

Hanna Tsepesh: What are your favorite bands? You have any musician that you admire the most?

Belial: I have a lot of favorite musicians, but I like bands in their own concept. I love the good songs, not the best players.
I can say a lot of classic and new bands, Metal, Thrash, Black etc...but the most influential band for me is THIN LIZZY. Phil Lynott has written the best songs of all times.

Hanna Tsepesh: Why is the reason that you don’t create a band to play live shows or something? Because in my opinion I think this project have a lot of future!

Belial: (laughs), I'm not able to play a lot of parts of my songs, if I play live with PM it's obvious I will be on drums. But this need to find people with the same thoughts, and a lot of rehearsals to make a good work; and my main band requires all my time.

Hanna Tsepesh: I really hope you find (laughs)! You also create a blog to help the other band! It was a very amazing thing to do! Can you explain to our readers about it?

Belial: Well, I created Steelbald'sCourt for the promotion of my work with Poenarian Mist, but I have a lot of recordings with my previous bands too (a rare rehearsal, demos, first versions of some songs, bootlegs and never released stuff). I was the drummer of Crying Blood, Muro, Crienium, Omission and more, and my main band is Silver Fist, so I wanted to show all the stuff possible of these bands. For legal reasons there aren’t the two official albums of Silver Fist, but you have demos and live recordings of the band.
And I know that a lot of bands need free promo, so there is my blog for anyone who wants a little help to be known.

Hanna Tsepesh: You have a new album called “IN GIRUM IMUS NOCTE”. For people who don’t listen yet can you talk about it and what is the big different for you between this album and the previous one?

Belial: Listen to it, it's the only way to know if you like or you hate PM. You can find blastbeats, dark passages and agonic down-tempos.
In this new album I wanted to record the vocal tracks, as in the previous ones. But I dislike the final sound and it was the most boring part of create songs for me, so I finally decided to re-record all these parts with other instruments. I love the final results, and I think it's different to other bands who play Black or Doom Metal. However, change Poenarian Mist to an instrumental project was in my mind since the last year.

Hanna Tsepesh: What are the future plans for Poenarian Mist?

Belial: I'm still writing new stuff. I have two more albums in mind; one of them can be out after the summer. For this time I want to separate both ways of PM: the new EP will be only Black Metal, and for the second one I want to change some sounds and groove, probably it will be the most ambient album of Poenarian Mist...

Hanna Tsepesh: How has the response been to your albums by the listeners?

Belial: Very good, I have known a lot of people from the entire world who loves my music, and if you search in Google you can find my work in a lot of blogs, I think it is a good thing.
When I started PM, I thought it will be only listened by me (laughs).

Hanna Tsepesh: See Belial, one more reason for you start a band (laughs)! If one of our readers wants to listen to your work they can download, right? What is your goal to make these great albums for free?

Belial: All my work is in the Poenarian Mist MySpace, and in Steelbald's Court blogspot, you only need Google to find it.
Well, I make all the albums for free for only one reason: I don't want to be into the music business with this project, I know it and I don't like it. Poenarian Mist shall be only from composer to listener, nobody in the middle. I've got Silver Fist to fight with labels and promoters...

Hanna Tsepesh: what is your favorite music in this album and why?

Belial: Hummm, probably "When Dead Are Not Alone", I think is one of the most complete songs I've ever made.

Hanna Tsepesh: Do you want to send any message for the people who going to read this interview?

Belial: I want to be famous, so read the interview and spread the disease (laughs).

Hanna Tsepesh: (laughs). Thanks o much for your answers and time. THE GATES OF METAL wishes you a lot of success! We hope that someday you change your mind (laughs) and we start to see Poenarian Mist play live shows and of course play in here…

Belial: maybe....someday, who knows....
Thanks Hanna for all your support, you help me so much to keep this crap alive. Never forget...

Hanna Tsepesh: You are very welcome! Thank you so much for the worlds.

By: Hanna Tsepesh
To listen to some Poenarian Mist music’s and for future information’s go at:
www.myspace.com/poenarianmist

To DOWNLOAD the “IN GIRUM IMUS NOCTE...” album:
www.megaupload.com/?d=AY2PQYZ0

To go to Steelbald's Court blogspot:
steelbaldscourt.blogspot.com/