IN PROCESS

Hanna Tsepesh: Terve (Hello in finnish) Kalle! Thanks so much for accepting this interview and Welcome to THE GATES OF METAL! For those who do not know In Process could tell us a little how it all started?

Kalle: Terve! I think the idea to form the band we are now came to me almost seven years ago. There has been many different line-ups before we managed to have these members and the band we have now. Actually our name “In Process” in a way comes from those processes. The first members of In Process are me, Tuukka and Juho. We had some discussions about how it would be cool to have very aggressive and groovy mental band that has honest lyrics about faith, doubts and the grievances of the world.

Hanna Tsepesh: What inspired you the most to create the lyrics for IN PROCESS?

Kalle: The main inspiration to lyrics I write comes from the thoughts that I need to deal with. Sometimes one just needs to yell one’s mind out. I think almost every lyric I have written express a problem or dilemma I have or something bad that has happened. My lyrics are influenced by the world around me. As a Christian I have a certain aspect in my lyrics which you can find very easily. I like to express my faith very honestly with all the doubts I have. I hope my lyrics provoke deep thoughts in our listeners.

Hanna Tsepesh: What are your favorite bands? You have any singer that you admire the most?

Kalle: I have pretty many favorite bands with very different type of music because I like to listen to the music that expresses the feelings I have. But as we are talking about metal music I'm a big fan of groovy metal bands such as Soulfly, Sepultura, Sotahuuto, Living Sacrifice etc.
When I started to growl I liked Max Cavalera’s voice a lot - as I still do - but nowadays I try to reach very low frequencies because I have the physics for that (I weight 150 kilos [laughs]).

Hanna Tsepesh: IN PROCESS have a debut EP called “Memento”. I think this EP is very interesting and I really liked a lot! My favorite music is “Memento Vivere”. For people who don’t listen yet can you talk about “Memento” and what the band want to accomplish with this first work?

Kalle: Thank you! The Memento is our first official aspiration to offer the listeners what we are made of and to give some knowledge to people about us. We chose our favorite songs to this EP from the songs that we had at the time. The new songs we have made after the last studio sessions are more groovy and aggressive. We are really looking forward to publish a full length album some day, but we haven't done any further plans for it.

Hanna Tsepesh: The band feels proud with the final result or you think that miss something? Everything went well at recording studio?

Kalle: Yea, we are definitely pleased with the sound we have in Memento. Something that we are about to have more in our music is richer percussions. Everything went very well at the studio. We had the time to do some pre-recordings before we went to the Juho Räihä’s studio to do our official recordings. It really helped us to record exactly what we wanted because we kind of had done the recordings once already.


Hanna Tsepesh: How has the response been to the album by the media and fans so far?

Kalle: Pretty good and supportive. I have heard many guys tell that they really like the Memento, but that it also has an issue: they think that it is too short. I have to say that it is very nice to hear that people really like our stuff and I hope that they want to hear from us later on as well.
The media has given some pretty good reviews on our EP. They think that we have pretty good potential. As we keep playing and working with the new material we hopefully manage to have more of our own sound and find our own strengths.

Hanna Tsepesh: The band have some plains to record an album in the future?

Kalle: Yes we do. At the moment we are working with new material and hopefully in near future we could publish our first full length album. Before the new album, we are planning to do as much gigs as possible.

Hanna Tsepesh: If one of our readers wants to buy your EP safely, what they can do?

Kalle: Well there are many websites where you can order our EP. Just go to Google and type our and the EP’s name, but I can say one place where you can order Memento safely for sure; from Finnish Christian music shop Underground Record Store. From there you can probably find the other places to buy it too.
www.maanalainenlevykauppa.com/epages/Gagar.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Maanalainen/Products/ML018

Hanna Tsepesh: what is your favorite music in this album and why?

Kalle: You mean favorite song? I like the Memento Mori because it reflects our root sound with groovy and aggressive touch. It also reminds that some day we all die and that we should respect our life and live full life loving each other.


Hanna Tsepesh: Do you want to send any message for the people who going to read this interview?

Kalle: Hey you! Now that you have read something about us please visit in our myspace (www.myspace.com/inprocessfin) and listen to our song Memento Mori for free and check some live footage from our gigs. If you like our stuff feel free to order our EP. There is also some T-shirts available that you can order straight from us.
We really appreciate if you have time to tell us what you think about our music.

Hanna Tsepesh: Thanks o much for your answers and time. THE GATES OF METAL wishes the entire band a great success with “Memento” EP! We hope to see In Process very soon in here…

Kalle: Thanks! Yea that really would be something, who knows. Maybe one day…

Hanna Tsepesh: You are very welcome Kalle! For sure we will see In Process very soon in my country!

By: Hanna Tsepesh
To listen to some IN PROCESS music’s and for future information’s go at:
www.myspace.com/inprocessfin