RED WARLOCK

Hanna Tsepesh: Ciao (Hello in Italian) Marco! Thanks so much for accepting this interview and Welcome to THE GATES OF METAL! First of all: how are you and for those who do not know Red Warlock could tell us a little how it all started?

Marco: Ciao Hanna! Nice to meet you.
It started in 2005 by an idea of Andrea, me and Tony, but only in the 2009 and after a lot of adventures (laughs) the band has found its perfect shape and equilibrium, taking strength by the great feeling now exists.

Hanna Tsepesh: What inspired the most to create the lyrics? The band writes the lyrics first or first the band creates the riffs and the melody to comply with the lyrics?

Marco: Each lyric is written taking inspirations by fantasy, horror books/films and epic themes, sometimes hiding real facts. For example, in Awakening we talk about a classic satanic rite, but it's very clear that in “Slave to Master” there is a hidden personal story, “converted” in an epic story.

Hanna Tsepesh: What are your favorite bands? Have you any musician that you admire the most?

Marco: My favorite band?! Ha! I have a long list of bands! In that period I'm listening to some black metal, but I've never left bands like Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Primordial and Symphony X! The rest of the band is inspired by various metal and rock genres. It's clear that the band is inspired by bands like Nevermore, Judas Priest and Iced Earth.
I don't have a particular musician that I admire... but if there would be one... I think Tony Iommi. He is the symbol of metal, of the metal I like. He started everything, he made sound experiments, and he explored the darkest part of music, creating the best band in the world.


Hanna Tsepesh: You have another band or some future project? Or your time is only for this band?

Marco: I have two another bands. My own band, called Lord Goblin, with my wife and my great friend Bart “Emptiness” Zinellu. This is a personal project. I define it as Heavy Black Metal, oriented in the Primordial and Immortal style. The second band I have is called Memento Waltz, a great prog metal band that, I'm sure, and you’ll listen to in the future. Now we're working on our first full length... I'm so excited, excited like I started the recordings of Sabrewolf.

Hanna Tsepesh: I would like to know if you had or have any singing lessons or any other preparation?

Marco: I don't have any vocal training, I started to sing listening to metal singers like Rob Halford, Ronnie James Dio and Ozzy Osbourne... but my list of singing inspirations is longer than the list of my favorite bands!(laughs) I like to be raw, powerful and technical at the same time.

Hanna Tsepesh: Let’s talk about the “Sabrewolf” promo. I already told what I think about this fantastic Promo in my review and now for people who don’t listen yet can you tell to us about this promo and what was the goal?

Marco: The goal is to take a record deal, a big record deal... and to play our music all over the world. Now it's the time... I'm 26... I think it's the time to try and to look for. The band is ready.
For all the people... I've no words to explain this promo... just buy it and listen to it! (laughs)

Hanna Tsepesh: Everything went well at recording studio? This Promo was produced by Sasha Gerstner (Helloween guitarist), how was the feeling to work with him? The band learns something with him?

Marco: (laughs) you’re wrong... only Gianni has recorded with Sasha Gerstner, with his band Reel Fiction. Sabrewolf was recorded entirely in our studio, by Andrea.

Hanna Tsepesh: Oh (laughs) sorry for the mistake. How has the response been to the Promo by the fans and media?

Marco: Great! We have received great reviews till now... and fantastic comments by the “fans” (a big word for now [laughs]). I think this promo is an appetizer of the full length... There is a bomb ready to explode, I think.
Hanna Tsepesh: If one of our readers wants to buy your promo, what they can do?

Marco: Just send me an email at m.piu@hotmail.it or contact us on MySpace www.myspace.com/redwarlockofficial. The cost is 6.00€, shipping costs excluded

Hanna Tsepesh: what is your favorite music in this Promo and why?
Marco: I like each track of this promo. I think each song has a great feeling, power and tell what it has to tell very good. The best recording I sang till now.

Hanna Tsepesh: What are the future plains for Red Warlock and what we can expect from the future album?

Marco: The future plains are to play our music all over the world. It's the main thing we want. We are looking for a record deal, so we prefer to sign before publish our full length. Personally, I think that the future will bring great things for us.

Hanna Tsepesh: The band shared the stage with a much known power metal band “Labyrinth”. How was this concert for the band?

Marco: Only me and Andrea shared the stage with Labyrinth, when we played with another band in 2005. Personally, in that time, I realized I'm singer...with some capabilities to take something from music. I realized what I've done before that gig...my vocal abilities. I'll never forget that concert.

Hanna Tsepesh: What is your opinion about the metal in your country (Italy)? It is easy to get some support?

Marco: In Italy there are a lot of great bands, but penalized by mass media and fashions. Just listen to Chaoswave, Holy Martyr for example... bands of my island Sardegna...
Hanna Tsepesh: Do you want to send any message for the people who going to read this interview?

Marco:Friends, this promo is a great chance to listen to a good band! I sincerely hope you like it!

Hanna Tsepesh: Thanks o much for your answers and time. THE GATES OF METAL wishes the entire band a big success! Hope to see you guys very soon in here…

Marco: Thanks to you and your Webzine Hanna, you're very very kind!

Hanna Tsepesh: You are very welcome and thanks for the kind words! All the best

By: Hanna Tsepesh
To listen to some RED WARLOCK music’s and for future information’s go at:
www.myspace.com/redwarlockofficial