RONNY MUNROE (Metal Church)

Hanna Tsepesh: Hello Ronny Munroe! Thanks so much for accepting our invitation and welcome to the THE GATES OF METAL! First of all: how are you and how are the things doing with your concerts?

Ronny: Thanks for having me and things are going very well with the Cd and I have some shows coming up in October.

Hanna Tsepesh: You are much known in metal scene since the 80’s but some young people don’t know you. So, can you tell little bit about you and when you start in music?

Ronny: I started playing drums first, then I became a singer and I’ve never looked back. After playing in different bands over the years I was lucky enough to land the frontman spot for Metal Church, co-wrote three records and toured the world. Now I have put out my first solo CD “The Fire Within” and I am going to continue to tour and do what I love to do.

Hanna Tsepesh: What are the inspirations to create the lyrics?

Ronny: Life, Love and the pursuit of Metal! That’s the simple answer but really it can be about politics, religion, love , hate or whatever I may be feeling at the time.

Hanna Tsepesh: What are your favorite bands at the moment? You have any musician that you admire the most?

Ronny: I listen to a lot of music but right now the new Heaven and hell and Mastodon are my favs as of right now. Both these records are great!

Hanna Tsepesh: You have or had any singing lessons or any other preparation? You play any instrument?

Ronny: I had a few lessons over the years. When I prepare for a show I usually do a few minutes of warm ups, drink a glass of wine to loosen up , then I go out and rock! I play drums and a little guitar and I’m always striving to learn more.
Hanna Tsepesh: Let’s talk about the “The Fire Within” album. For people who don’t listen yet can you tell to us what we can expect from this album?

Ronny: 12 heavy hitting songs. I am very proud of this record and how it came together, it’s pure old school power metal with a twist.

Hanna Tsepesh: How has the response been to the album by the media and fans?
Ronny: Very well so far, the reviews are good and the fan reaction is solid. For a first effort “The Fire Within” is burning brightly .

Hanna Tsepesh: what is your favorite music in this album and why?

Ronny: I think all the songs are solid but if I had to pick a favorite I would say Desperate Man and the reason is it’s the first song I wrote on guitar and the meaning of the lyrics. The lyrics talk about perseverance and never giving up on your dreams!

Hanna Tsepesh: If one of our readers wants to buy your album, what they can do?

Ronny: It’s every where!
Rat-Pak Records
CM Distro
Metal Heaven
I tunes
Disc Union
Rhapsody
Myspace.com/ronnymunroe
Myspace.com/ratpakrecords
And a few other places as well!
Hanna Tsepesh: What is your personal opinion about metal in our days and what is the best advice that you can tell to the young bands out there?

Ronny: Metal will always be around no matter what, the people won’t let that die, ever. As far as advice, have a back up plan, get your education because it’s a very tough business so be prepared.

Hanna Tsepesh: You want to send any message for your fans?

Ronny: I want to thank all the fans that have supported me through my years with Metal Church and beyond. I have great fans that support me very much and that makes me a very lucky guy!

Hanna Tsepesh: Thanks so much for your answers and time! THE GATES OF METAL wish you a big success and good luck for your projects! We hope to see you very soon at Portugal…

Ronny: Thank you Hanna and I hope to get to Portugal very soon. Take care and keep the metal faith.

Hanna Tsepesh: You are very welcome Ronny! All the best and thank you!

By: Hanna Tsepesh
To listen to some RONNY MUNROE songs and for future information go at:
www.myspace.com/ronnymunroe