URBAN WAR

Hanna Tsepesh: Olá (Hello in Portuguese) Nelo and Bobby! Thanks so much for accepting this interview and with you guys a great 2010! First of all: how are you guys?
Nelo: Great!

Bobby: I’m a little sick… but no worries!

Hanna Tsepesh: Before we start to know more about Bobby (The new vocalist), I want to ask you (Nelo), what happened with the previous vocalist?

Nelo: He stayed with Urban War for almost 3 years, but he had to leave due to some personal issues that were affecting him and the band.

Hanna Tsepesh: It was difficult to find Bobby? And in your opinion what he will bring to Urban War?
Nelo: It was not easy to find him because our style is not only about guttural vocals. The new Urban War member had to have some good singing as well, good attitude and, of course, lots of power.
I’m sure Bobby will bring (and he’s already bringing…) lots of new ideas, power, awesome attitude, good melodies and he’s a good friend too. He is getting along very well with the guys.

Hanna Tsepesh: Let’s talk with you Bobby. What is your feeling to be on Urban War? What fans can expect from you? Also, you have other band or some project, or only Urban War at the moment?

Bobby: It feels great to be working with these guys! The music is great and I’m getting along very well. The fans can expect all that Urban War has already showed them and a lot more! Some new stuff, real power, great melodies and excellent attitude. I try to pass a message of peace and self discovery.

Hanna Tsepesh: What are your favorite bands? You have any musician that you admire the most?

Nelo: I love all that is good music and good drummers. Since the beginning I’ve been influenced by Igor and Dave Lombardo.

Bobby: I’m into many musical styles besides Metal. I admire those musicians that don’t do this for the money or fame. I don’t have “favorites”, but right now I’m more into “thrash-core” bands.

Hanna Tsepesh: I would like to know if you had or have any guttural technique lessons or any other preparation?

Bobby: No. It all came from passing from one band to another and learning by myself.
Fortunately in Urban War I have the help of Espinha (Guitars / Back Vocals) that helps me create the lyrics and melodies, and also showed me some techniques.

Hanna Tsepesh: When you start to play drums? It was difficult to learn?

Nelo: I have been playing for 13 years now. It wasn’t difficult because I always felt that the rhythm was “inside” me. I never took drumming lessons.
Hanna Tsepesh: Now you guys will be on tour, to show the new vocalist and some new music’s, right? So, you guys are feeling nervous about that? Tell me the truth guys… (Laughs)

Bobby: Ok. Maybe a little nervous because it will be my first time getting up on a stage as a frontman, but no worries, I will have a great crew watching my back on the shows!

Nelo: No. Not nervous at all. I would say we are very anxious to get on tour again and spread our music!

Hanna Tsepesh: The band have some plains for a new Ep or maybe an album? Who will be the guy that will create the lyrics?

Nelo: Bobby and Espinha are the lyric writers. I hope soon we can think on a new EP or maybe even an album. It would be great… but right now we are putting our mind and all our effort on live shows. Despite that, since Bobby entered the band, we have already 3 new songs, so let’s see what the future reserves to the Urban crew…

Bobby: I hope to be recording a few new songs sometime in a near future, just to let the fans listen to my voice and the new Urban War “era”.

Hanna Tsepesh: hummm, Nelo I have a little curiosity: Now with a new member you feel that is like a new start for Urban War or something?

Nelo: Bobby it’s very different from our previous vocal. He is giving a new and different energy to Urban War music. It’s not a new beginning. It’s more like an evolution. The continuity of the good work we have always been doing until this day.

Hanna Tsepesh: Do you want to send any message for the people who going to read this interview?

Bobby: Yeah! I’m here to bring a new concept to the Urban War Music, new message, better attitude, strong and powerful vocals and good melodies. My voice is not yet on record or on Myspace, but soon people will be able to judge by themselves my vocal skills. I’m sure that people will enjoy a lot mote the new Urban War 2010!

Nelo: Urban War is back in 2010, we’re better than before and stronger than ever! We have new stuff, new songs and many surprises, so check out our shows. We will be rocking throughout the country this year promoting out new material! See you guys out there!

Hanna Tsepesh: Thanks o much for your answers and time. THE GATES OF METAL wishes the entire band a big success! Hope to see you guys very soon on stage!

Bobby: Thank you for the interview! We are looking forward to see you in our shows…

Nelo: Thank you!
Hanna Tsepesh: Thanks a lot guys and wish you the best luck!

By: Hanna Tsepesh
To listen to some URBAN WAR music’s and for future information’s go at:
www.myspace.com/urbanwarmusic